Curatif once again proves their credentials as pioneers of the beverage industry by bringing home the inaugural RTD Producer Trophy from the International Wine and Spirit Competition (IWSC).
The creation of this award was in response to the growing appetite for RTD’s globally. Though the pandemic may have kick-started consumers’ interest in cocktails outside of venues, the trend shows no sign of slowing down as drinkers recognise ongoing convenience as well as advancements in innovation, quality and taste – and Curatif likes to think they had a little something to do with that.
While the number of Australians drinking beer, wine and spirits is declining, RTDs are an outlier with 680,000 more consumers discovering them in the year to June 2022 (according to Roy Morgan research).
IWSC themselves saw entries to their RTD awards categories increase by 200% this year. Curatif’s Matt Sanger says, “at heart, Curatif is just about making great cocktails, so to receive this amazing accolade from the Oscars of our industry is equal parts overwhelming and gratifying. Considering the stature of the global peers we were up against, and with the premix cocktail category realising incredible growth in all markets, it’s an exciting time to lead the industry in innovation, flavour, and quality. The challenge now is to get back in the bar and create the next big thing, it’s going to be fun!”
Yet Curatif knows they can’t rest on their laurels as big names in beverage and even breweries are now entering the RTD game. Before the end of 2022 the brand still plans to:
- Release a classic, canned Cosmo that will instantly transport drinkers to a Big Apple bar stool.
- Reveal a “hot” secret in time for Halloween.
- Reimagine “The Q”, Quincy Melbourne’s amazing rooftop bar for Spring with two new limited edition collaboration cocktails, and a 6 week long activation to take in all of the Spring Carnival
- Giveaway not one but three world class cocktail parties for 100 people with a little help from their friends at Vogue magazine.
- Take their sleek new Airstream caravan of cocktails on the road to the Melbourne Good Food & Wine Christmas Show in November